Have you ever been in an interview and noticed that the interviewer is talking to you as though you are already a part of the team? Don’t know what to make of this, do you?
Well, job seekers, you might just be missing out on some important signals that the recruiter is throwing your way. The recruiter may just be letting you know that you are high on their hire radar.
In this week’s video, I am discussing various signs to look out for while interviewing.
Some of these signs may be things you have noticed during your interviewing experiences, and some you probably never noticed at all.
It’s not necessary you see all the signs, but it is important to know what they are so you can be on the lookout in future interviews.
You don’t want to miss this video. Being aware of the signs that you are soaring through your interview will help give you an extra boost of confidence and keep you going in the right direction for the duration of the interview.
Trust me, you will be so thankful for the heads up I’m about to give you.
How would you like #CareerSuccess resources just like this right in your inbox every week? Click here to join the job seeker community.
Hot News & Deals
1. Free Downloadable Resources
Our goal, over and above all else, is your success. All of our free resources are right here, on the page above, ready to go to work for you.
2. Free Coaching Consultation
Apply now for a free consultation today to see if we’re the right fit for you! We can’t wait to help you on your path to #CareerSuccess
3. Latest Instagram
Watch our Instagram for the latest announcements about our podcast “But What About Me?”
Hey Jobseekers, Jennifer Tardy here and you are tuning in to the #CareerSuccess channel for Ups. Today’s video will be discussing signs that your job interview was a success. It can be challenging to know whether you are doing a good job, but there are ways to determine that simply by paying close attention to clues and actions of the interviewer.
As always, I will be sharing with you guys my favorite segment which is the #CareerSuccess Bonus Tip for UPs. It’s going to be a good one so stick around to the end! You don’t want to miss it!
Have you ever been in an interview and drift off to thinking whether or not you are impressing the interviewer’s socks off? You just want some type of sign right? Well, I will be sharing with you many signs on how to determine if your hard work is paying off in a big way. Let’s jump right into my top signs!
Sign #1: Selling The Company
• Upselling on what they can offer you (bonuses, company perks, discounts, company shares, etc.)
• Comparing themselves to their competitors
• Bragging on their success and how good it will look on your resume
I go into more detail about employers selling their company and other signs that they want to hire you. Check out this video, “5 Signs An Employer Really Wants To Hire You” https://youtu.be/E4M1mhnTe2c
Sign #2: Conversation Becomes More Specific
• Asking you when you will be available to work
• Including you in the examples
• They start using WHEN rather than IF
Quick Pause! What specific phrases/words have you heard in an interview that hinted that you were killing it? Leave a comment below!
Sign #3: Ask You About Other Companies
• Start probing into whether or not you’re interviewing with other companies
• Goes back to sign #1 when they start selling the company by comparing themselves to other companies they see as their competition
• They want to come out on top by seeing who they are up against
Sign #4: Start Pre-Closing You
• Deliver feedback to you voluntarily by phone
• Build rapport with you even after the interview is over
• Reinforce the positives of the interview
• Discuss what’s next on the agenda
Sign #5: Say They Want To Hire You
• Express to you on the spot that they would like to hire you but still haven’t officially given you a job offer
• Seeing how interested you really are in the position you’re interviewing for
• They have placed you high on the list of other candidates; really impressed.
Want to learn how to get an interviewer to hire you on the spot, especially if you want the position badly? Check out the video, “How To Convince An Interviewer To Hire You (ON THE SPOT!)”
Have you ever been put on the spot by an interviewer asking how would you like having the position? If so, how did you handle this sudden pre-offer considering you may still have other potential companies lined up? Leave a comment below in the comment section!
As Promised, I wanted to share with you a career success tip!
CareerSuccess Tip: Be wary of the company that is eager to hire you because you fit a population that they must hire. Make sure it is the right fit for you. I’ve watched employers (for example) make hiring decisions because someone was black, gay, and male (crossing off three areas on their list) but both the employer and the employee realized later it wasn’t the best fit.
Thanks for hanging with me throughout this video! Hope you enjoyed the information discussed! As a reminder, signs that your job interview went well includes the interviewer selling the company, the conversation becomes very specific, you are asked about other companies, they start pre-closing you, and they tell you they want to hire you without making an official offer. There are many other signs, but these signs are among my top picks and they will surely allow you to pinpoint exactly where you stand when it comes to landing this job offer.